You found Paul Hill! I'm currently living in Hurricane, Utah serving the great people of Washington County for Utah State University.
Me in 30 seconds:
- I strive to follow the Platinum Rule: Treat others the way they like to be treated.
- I think doing what you are passionate about it more important than money.
- I embrace my inner geek on my Geek Technique Pinterest Board.
- When I'm confronted with a problem, I often question "What would Han Solo do?"
- I do not believe in innate talent, we must work to develop our talents.
- I have to learn something new every single day.
- I secretly do CrossFit and run 5K's, anything longer is just unproductive.
- I grew up in a crowded city and now I live in the country...and I love it!
- People who have helped shape my thinking: Seth Godin, Jason Fried, Derek Sivers, Tony Hsieh, Jim Collins, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Jack Handey, Dan Zarrella, Steve Jobs, Michael Gerber, Clayton Christensen, Tim Ferriss, Gary Vaynerchuk, Alvin Toffler, and Steven Pressfield.
- I enjoy manifesting my thoughts to this blog and on Twitter.
- I smile at people for no reason at all other than to get a smile back.
- I do random acts of kindness just to make the world a better place.
What I do and have done:
- I train eager youth how to be leaders in the 4-H program.
- I go canyoneering and mountain biking frequently and use the experience to teach leadership skills.
- My work with 4-H youth has brought me to the White House.
- I teach and motivate youth to learn STEM skills in robotics and computer science.
- With a tremendous committee, I organize Southern Utah Code Camp every November at Dixie State University.
- I am a writer. My work has been published in eXtension.org, USU factsheets, 4-H.org, and the Journal of Extension.
- I take youth to the Utah State Capitol each April to learn how laws are passed.
- With the University of Utah, I brought the FIRST LEGO League to Southern Utah.
- I work with outstanding people to organize the Saint George Area Economic Summit.
- I am a STEM education advisor to the National 4-H Council.
- I researched the global Maker Movement as an eXtension Fellow from 2015-16.
- I served as a White House Maker Ambassador during the 2016 National Maker Faire.
- I was a 2015 recipient of the Utah Governor's Medal for Science & Technology.