You found Paul Hill! I'm currently living in Hurricane, Utah serving the great people of Washington County for Utah State University. I also travel around the country quite regularly speaking about technology in my role with eXtension.org.
Me in 30 seconds:
- I strive to follow the Platinum Rule: Treat others the way they like to be treated.
- I think doing what you are passionate about it more important than money.
- I embrace my inner geek on my Geek Technique Pinterest Board.
- When I'm confronted with a problem, I often question "What would Han Solo do?"
- I do not believe in innate talent, we must work to develop our talents.
- I have to learn something new every single day.
- I secretly do CrossFit and run 5K's, anything longer is just unproductive.
- I grew up in a crowded city and now I live in the country...and I love it!
- People who have helped shape my thinking: Seth Godin, Jason Fried, Derek Sivers, Tony Hsieh, Jim Collins, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Jack Handey, Dan Zarrella, Steve Jobs, Michael Gerber, Clayton Christensen, Tim Ferriss, Gary Vaynerchuk, Alvin Toffler, and Steven Pressfield.
- I enjoy manifesting my thoughts to this blog and on Twitter.
- I smile at people for no reason at all other than to get a smile back.
- I do random acts of kindness just to make the world a better place.
What I do and have done:
- I train eager youth how to be leaders in 4-H.
- I go canyoneering and mountain biking frequently and use the experience to teach youth leadership skills.
- My work with 4-H youth has brought me to the White House.
- I teach and motivate youth to learn technology skills in robotics and programming .
- With a tremendous committee, we put on Code Camp every November at Dixie State College.
- I am a writer. My work has been published in eXtension.org, USU factsheets, 4-H.org, and the Journal of Extension.
- With an amazing team of people, I throw Farm Field Days for over 2000 youth every October at Staheli Farm.
- I teach farmers how to use social media.
- I am a citizen scientist, I monitor water quality with 4-H teen leaders at Sand Hollow State Park.
- I have the honor of taking part in organizing the Dixie Junior Livestock Show each April.
- I take youth to the Utah State Capitol each April to learn how laws are passed.
- With the University of Utah, I brought the FIRST LEGO League to Southern Utah.
- I served as a key volunteer to organize TEDxSunRiver in June 2012.
- I care enough to involve myself with the Washington County Fair every August.
- I work with outstanding people to organize the Washington County Economic Summit.
- I am a STEM education advisor to the National 4-H Council.
- I am an Eagle Scout and active merit badge counselor.
- I am a blogger for 4-H.org.
- I am an eXtension Fellow studying the Maker Movement.
- I am serving as a White House Maker Ambassador.
- I was a 2015 recipient of the Utah Governor's Medal for Science & Technology.