I feel fortunate and blessed to say that I have found my life's work.
I had no idea what 4-H and Cooperative Extension even were a year ago. I'm grateful USU took a chance on an untraditional energetic young MBA. My hope is that through my work in 4-H I can advise youth in discovering their life's work. I think I am well on my way.
Inspired by MeiMei Fox's 10 Signs You've found the "One," here are Amber Rae's 8 Signs You've Found Your Life's Work:
1. It doesn't feel like work. Your life's work is not a "job"--it's a way of living.
2. You are aligned with your core values. Your life's work is an extension of your beliefs and worldview.
3. You are willing to suffer. Your life's work is less about following a passion and more about your willingness to suffer along the way.
4. You experience frequent flow. You naturally and often fall "in flow," deeply immersed by your work and the present moment.
5. You make room for living. Your work provides you the ability to live fully and enjoy life.
6. Commitment is an honor. When you discover your life's work, the question of commitment is easy.
7. The people who matter notice. "You look vibrant!" and "I've never seen you so healthy and happy!" and "This is without question what you're meant to be doing!" are among the comments you may hear from the people closest to you when you're on the right path.
8. You fall asleep exhausted, fulfilled, and ready for tomorrow. You go to sleep each night grateful for the day.
If you haven't found it yet, or you're still working on it...don't lose hope. If I got there, you can too. Keep hustling and good things will come your way, others will take notice.
If you're not feeling all of these, maybe the work you're doing would be more meaningful if you were doing it at another organization, or had another boss. This quiz might help too.
Search this site: